If you accidentally added an entire drive - or a folder which contains a huge amount of files - as a custom VST folder, Reason 9.5/10 might stop responding during launch. If this should happen, just delete the "Reason Plugin Folder.prf" file in the following location: Windows: %APPDATA%\Propellerhead Software\Reason or Mac OS: ~/Library/Preferences The user (~) Library folder is hidden by default. To find it, select "Go To Folder…" from the "Go" menu in Finder, and paste ~/Library/Preferences and click "Go" Then, launch Reason 9.5/10. Now, only the default VST Plugin Folders should be scanned.
Articles in this section
- Downloading Humana, Pangea, Klang, Radical Piano, Loop Supply and Drum Supply to Reason 10
- No Player is created when I drag it to the rack or double click it in the Browser
- Can I create Players inside a Combinator?
- Reason 10 downloads the Factory Sound Bank even though I copied it from the DVD
- Where are the sound banks in Reason 10?
- I added a wrong custom VST folder so now Reason stalls during launch
- Reason 9.5 performance
- When I launched Reason I was asked about sending crash reports and user statistics to Propellerhead. What does this mean?
- Do I need a MIDI keyboard to use Reason?
- Can I authorize my VSTs on my computer or Ignition Key?