This alert may appear when you launch Reason in ReWire mode with Cubase and "Release driver when Application is in Background" has been activated in Cubase's Device Setup. It is important that Cubase doesn't release the driver when running as a ReWire host since the ReWire host is processing all audio. Here's how to configure Cubase not to release the driver: 1. Ensure that Reason is not running 2. Launch Cubase 3. Open Device Setup from the Cubase Devices menu. 4. Select VST Audio System in the left frame. 5. Deselect "Release driver when Application is in Background" checkbox in the right frame of the window.
Articles in this section
- Reason doesn't work in ReWire mode with my DAW
- "ReWire installation failed because access to a file or directory was denied whilst installing the ReWire DLL in the System directory"
- I added an external midi track in Logic, and MIDI is sent to Reason but I don't hear any sound?
- Alert: "Engine not responding" when using ReWire with Cubase
- Is ReWire 64-bit compatible?